New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) tried to clarify the speculations bothering students about the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) 2017. The CBSE , on Friday last, made it clear that the three attempts cap available to the medical aspirants, will be counted from NEET 2017.
It said that NEET 2017 will be treated as the first out of three available attempts for all the candidates to aspire to take admission to medical colleges across the country.
The CBSE further stated, “It has been clarified by Medical Council of India that the attempts made by candidates for AIPMT/NEET prior to 2017 should not be counted and accordingly appearance in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-2017 will be counted as the first attempt for all the candidates, irrespective of their previous attempts in AIPMT/NEET.”
It may be recalled that a great amount of confusion mounted after CBSE released NEET 2017 notification, on Tuesday last, that had led to the speculations about aspirants who had already given AIPMT and NEET 2016 over three times are ineligible to appear for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
“All candidates who could not fill up the application form due to the condition of three attempts at AIPMT/NEET will now be able to fill up their application form,” the CBSE said further stating that this year admission to MBBS/BDS course in medical or dental colleges, which operate with the approval of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India, will be made through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
- The registration process began on January 30, and will go on until March 1.
- The exam will be conducted in 10 different languages on May 7.
- The CBSE had put an upper age limit cap for the candidates to 25 years. Five-year relaxation, however, has been given to the reserved category candidates.
- The board had made Aadhaar Number compulsory to fill up the online application for the candidates of all states except Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.