New Delhi: The Election Commission, on Thursday, announced November 9 as the voting date for the assembly elections in Himachal Pradesh. The counting of votes will take place on December 18.
Holding a press conference here, the Chief Election Commissioner, AK Jyoti said that dates for the Gujarat Assembly Polls will be announced later.
The tenure of the Gujarat Assembly term ends on January 22, 2018, while 68-member Himachal’s House ends on January 7, 2018.
What AK Jyoti said?
– Model code of conduct comes into force in Himachal Pradesh
– For the first time Himachal Pradesh will have 136 all women managed booths
– We will have VVPATs along with EVMs
– Height of voting compartments will be increased to 30 inches
– Bulk SMSes and voice messages on phone shall also be in purview of election advertisements.