New Delhi: If you are planning a domestic air trip, you need to wait a little before booking your tickets. The Indian government has decided to issue no fly list (NFL) and once implemented it will have some substantial impacts on your ticket purchasing.
The Centre will issue the final rules for NFL on Friday. According to the rule, one will need to give number of any of his recognised identity proofs for booking domestic flights.
The IDs that will be accepted include — Aadhaar, driving licence, passport or Pan number — while booking a domestic ticket. Final call for acceptance of Election Commission voter ID card as the proof is yet to be taken and for international travel, passport number is anyway mandatory.
What the Aviation Ministry says:
According to Union minister of state for aviation Jayant Sinha :
- India is pioneering in having a no fly list on the basis of safety as other countries have it on security grounds.
- A DGCA team led by Chief BS Bhullar recently had discussions with global regulators at a meet in Mongolia.
- We had received comments on the draft NFL and after many deliberations; the final rules will be issued on Friday.
- We are going to issue a civil aviation requirement (CAR) which is a rule issued by DGCA where some identity card number will have to be provided.
- People giving Aadhaar numbers will soon be able to get digital boarding cards.