Lucknow: In a startling revelation, an Uttar Pradesh police officer is heard tipping off a criminal how he could escape the ‘encounter drive’ of the state government.
The telephonic conversation between Mauranipur Station House Officer (SHO) Suneet Kumar Singh and vicious criminal Lekhraj Yadav has leaked and exposed the syndicate of police and criminals in the state.
The police inspector is heard telling the criminal to set Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state chief and an MLA right if he wants to stay alive. Refusing to reveal everything on phone, the cop told Lekhraj that his phone was on surveillance to trace out his location.
In the eight-minute-33-second audio clip, the Jhansi inspector has told the criminal that he is on top of police’s ‘hit-list’ as he had 60 criminal cases against him. After the surfacing of audio clip, the UP police department has suspended the inspector.
Suneet Kumar Singh has also confessed to be a criminal himself and killing dozens of people in his policing career. He went on saying that he doesn’t give a damn to his job and nobody has courage to transfer him in the police line (referred to as post office in the telephonic conversation).
The inspector has a tainted past:
- He had once been terminated from the job by the then DGP Vikram Singh.
- While being posted in Lucknow, he was once arrested in Kolkata with a stolen car.
- Following a feud in a dance bar, he had opened fire at the people there.
- After a case was registered into the matter, he stayed in jail for four months.
- After reinstatement on job by the High Court, he was posted in Jalaun district of Jhansi range.
- A Dalit woman had also registered a case of ‘unnatural sexual abuse’ in Jhansi.
It is worth mentioning that over a thousand encounters have been carried out under Yogi Adityanath’s regime in the state. As per the police records, a total of four dozen criminals have been knocked down in these encounters.
To read this news in Hindi, follow the link below:
The Yogi government has also been under fire by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) for the encounter drive in the state.
Here is the complete telephonic conversation: