Bhopal: Congress party’s Madhya Pradesh unit will honour the sacked Border Security Force (BSF) trooper Tej Bahadur Yadav who, via social media post, had put lights on the poor quality of food being served to soldiers.
Madhya Pradesh Congress President Arun Yadav, on his official Twitter handle, said party will honour constable-rank jawan Tej Bahadur Yadav who exposed the corruption in Border Security Force.
“Congress would felicitate Bharat Mata’s brave son jawan Tej Bahadur Yadav who offered evidence of corruption in BSF,” state Congress president Arun Yadav tweeted.
भारत माता के बहादुर सपूत श्री तेजबहादुर यादव जिन्होंने बीएसएफ के भ्रष्टाचार का सबूत वीडियो में दिया था उनके मप्र कांग्रेस सम्मानित करेगी ।
— Arun Yadav (@mparunyadav) April 19, 2017
On the basis of staff court of inquiry (SCoI) report, he was dismissed from service on Wednesday. He was sacked after being found guilty of making false charges and gross indiscipline.
As per the BSF’s official statement, he did not follow to formal grievance redressal mechanism of the force.
The jawan had alleged that troops are served bad quality food and even have to sleep empty stomach at times. In videos uploaded on social media platform, the jawan, wearing camouflage uniform and carrying a rifle, claimed that while government procures essentials for them, the higher-ups and officers ‘sell it off’ in an ‘illegal’ manner in the market.
Tej Bahadur alleged that the Government will probably provided us good foods but their officers are earning money by selling their official foods.
What the statement included about Tej Bahadur Yadav:
- Constable Tej Bahadur as an individual has a difficult past.
- From initial days of his career, he needed regular counselling.
- Different correction mechanics have been applied for the individual’s welfare as he was habitual offender of absenteeism without permission, chronic alcoholism, misbehaving and using force with superior officers and certain other acts against good order and discipline.
- For such reasons Yadav has served mostly in headquarters under supervision of some dedicated superior officers.
- In spite of Yadav being a bad hat proper time has been devoted for individuals improvement as a welfare to the individual.
- The jawan has also applied for voluntary retirement.