A Guava a day, keeps diseases at bay
Lucknow: Guava, one of the important seasonal fruits is not only great in taste but is also a powerhouse of nutrients.
Everyone of us has enjoyed this seasonal treat sprinkled with chaat masala. Guava flavoured luscious jams, jellies, juice and murabbas are favourite among many.
This seasonal fruit is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants which is very good for skin. It contains eight percent of water which keeps body hydrated.
Let us know few benefits of Guavas:
- Guava has no cholesterol and contains digestible carbohydrates.
- It helps to lose weight by regulating our metabolism.
- The juice of raw guava is very helpful in relieving cough and cold, it also act as an disinfectant for the respiratory tract, throat and lungs.
- It contains Vitamin C and iron which helps to fight cold and viral infections.
- Guava is enriched with Vitamin A which helps in improving eye vision.
- It helps to slow down the appearance of cataract and macular degeneration.
- Eating one guava is equivalent to 12 percent daily intake of fibre.
- The potassium present in guava helps in normalising the blood pressure.
- Guava helps in preventing diabetes as it is rich in fibre content and low glycaemic index ( it is a number associated with a particular type of food that indicates the food’s effect on person’s blood glucose).
- It controls blood pressure levels in patients with hypertension as it helps in improving the sodium and potassium balance of the body.
- It removes wrinkles from the skin.
- It also helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves as it contains magnesium. So after a hectic day, A guava punch is what we need to relax our muscles and gives our body an energy boost.
- Guava leaves have a powerful inflammatory and antibacterial ability which helps to fight against germs.
- It is the best remedy for toothache, swollen gums and mouth ulcers.