Allahabad: Soon after hindutva hardliner Yogi Adityanath took over the reigns of Uttar Pradesh, Bahujan Samaj Party leader Mohammad Shami was shot dead in Mau Aima town of the district on Sunday night.
Shami was shot by some bike-borne assailants and died on the spot. The police, who came immediately after being informed, has stated that five bullets were fired at the BSP leader.
- The incident took place when Mohammed Shami was sitting outside his home.
- He was fatally shot by some unidentified bike-borne murderers.
- The murderers are still at large.
- Allahabad officials said that the matter is being considered seriously and the probe in on.
About Mohammad Shami:
- Shami had moved from the Samajwadi Party to the BSP right before 2017 Assembly elections.
- He was considered as a close aide of Mulayam Singh Yadav before leaving the party.
- He has also worked for the Congress and was very close to late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.