CM Yogi, FM Rajesh Agarwal table Rs 4.79 lakh crore budget for UP
Lucknow: State Finance Minister Rajesh Agarwal tabled Rs.4.79 lakh crore 2019-20 budget for Uttar Pradesh in the state assembly on Thursday.
It is 12 per cent higher than the previous year’s budget of Rs. 4,28,384.52 crore.
– Rs 1000 crore allocated for development of airports
– Rs 800 crore for construction of airport in Jewar and Rs 200 crore in Ayodhya.
– Rs 459 crore allocated for modernisation of Arabic/Persian language Madrasas.
– Rs 247.60 crore has been allocated for the maintenance of cow -shelters in rural areas.
– Rs 200 crore allocated for ‘Kanha Gaushala and Besahara Pashu Ashram’ in urban areas.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was present in the House when the finance minister read out the budget speech.
In his speech, Agarwal mentioned a number of new populist schemes.
This is the third budget of the Yogi Adityanath government in the state.