Firozabad: Leading businessman in the ‘glass city’ of Firozabad, Sanjay Mittal, who was abducted on gunpoint on Friday afternoon, was rescued by police in less than five hours of the incident.
State police rescued the trader from Basia village of Tundla, 30 km from Agra. They also arrested one of the abductors and seized a revolver.
The incident took place when Sanjay Mittal was going to his house in Ganesh Nagar from his factory situated in Naglabhau area, under Dakshin Police station.
Senior police officials including SSP Ajay Kumar, SP (City) SK Bajpai, and CO Omkar Singh Yadav had reached the spot with police force.
What the police said?
- There were three abductors, dressed in police uniform.
- All three were waiting for Mittal on a bike near the roadside.
- They stopped the car in which Mittal was travelling. One of the miscreants pushed the driver to the adjacent seat of the car and the other two sat on the back seat with Mittal.
- They directed the driver to take the car towards Agra.
- The eyewitnesses informed the police about the abduction after which all the exit points were immediately sealed.
Mittal, after being rescued, was brought to Firozabad for questioning.