- The Muslim voters did participate in tactical voting and voted for the candidate who seemed to have upper hand over BJP rival.
- Muslims voted for both SP and BSP.
- Reverse polarisation was not seen in seven-phase UP polls.
- About 70 per cent of upper caste voters went with BJP.
- Barring Yadavs, majority of backward castes (OBC) members voted for BJP.
- Most backward castes (MBC) also supported BJP.
- Barring Jatavs, the majority of other Dalits voted for BJP.
- Other Dalits comprised about 33 per cent of total Dalits.
IN NEXT SLIDE: Projected percentage vote polled by major political parties in UP