Lucknow: Contrary to the Uttar Pradesh Madarsa Shiksha Parishad’s circular on Friday directing all madrasas affiliated to it to unfurl the national flag and recite the national anthem on August 15, the Barelvi madrasas have been asked to celebrate the I-Day but not sing the national anthem.
The Jamat Raza-E Mustafa spokesperson Nasir Qureshi said that Asjad Raza Khan, the Bareilly qazi, has asked the madrasas to celebrate the I-Day according to the Islamic pride but not to sing the national anthem inside the madrassas.
Terming the diktat as an autocratic statement by the Yogi government, the quazi said, “It’s a ‘tughlaqi bayaan’ by the Yogi Government. Some words in the national anthem reek of unfaithfulness towards our Allah.”
Khan, however, stated that they are not against celebrating the I-Day. “We will definitely celebrate the Independence Day, but will not sing the national anthem in the madrasas,” stated the spokesperson.
It could be mentioned that the Uttar Pradesh Madarsa Shiksha Parishad has also issued a circular in this regard and asked all madrasas affiliated to it to comply with the orders of UP government.
What is there in the circular:
- The flag hoisting and recitation of the National Anthem will take place at 0800 hours.
- The entire ceremony is to be captured using still cameras and video cameras.
- Following the ceremony, homage will be paid to the soldiers and martyrs of the freedom struggle.
- Cultural programmes are to be held, the theme of which will be national unity.
- Sports activities will also be held.
- Singh patriotic songs and discuss the history of August 15 and the freedom fighters.