New Delhi: BJP President Amit Shah on Saturday said the party’s victory in the Tripura assembly elections is a victory of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s politics of development.
“I thank brothers and sisters of Tripura for their massive support to the BJP. This is the victory for Modi’s politics of development and his commitment to the welfare of northeastern region of India,” said Shah while addressing press conference at party Headquarters in Delhi.
“It is a proud moment for all of us. I want to thank the people of Meghalaya, Tripura and Nagaland for reposing their faith in PM and BJP,” he added.
Taking a dig at the Left Front led by Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), Shah said, “BJP’s win in Northeast has proved that Left is not ‘Right’ for any part of the country.”
What else Shah said?
- BJP might have a clear majority in Tripura but we will also include other members of our alliance in the cabinet.
- We will march towards Karnataka, with this massive victory with us.
- Modi Ji started ‘Act East Policy’ for the development of East.
- I believe this is the victory of his policies, stamped by the 3 states of the north-east.
- BJP’s golden era will come only after winning Odisha, Kerala and West Bengal.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is headed to form the government in Tripura for the first time after toppling the Left Front led by Communist Party of India-Marxist which had been ruling the state since 1993.
The elections to 59 seats of the 60-member Assembly were held on February 18. Polling was deferred to March 12 in Charilam (Reserved-Tribal) seat due to the death of sitting MLA and Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) candidate Ramendra Narayan Debbarma.