Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar proved hos majority in the Bihar legislative assembly with as many as 131 MLAs voting in favour of him and 108 against him.
It could be recalled that Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi had asked the CM, who has resigned from the post to swear-in the very next day for the same, to seek a confidence vote within two days of his swearing in.
The Bihar CM, putting his point before the legislators, stated that he had resigned from his post because he felt that power is meant for serving people, not for reaping profits. “Government will continue to serve the people of Bihar. We will not tolerate corruption and injustice,” said Nitish.
I will show mirror to the people who are are leveling charges. I have done it for the sake of Bihar, Nitish Kumar said.
The assembly highlights:
- The newly appointed Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi, sarcastically, thanked Congress and RJD. “If Tejashwi had resigned I would not have been here,” he said in the assembly. “The mandate of the people was not to hoard ‘benami’ property. It was not to become the owner of 26 ‘benami’ properties in 26 years,”he added.
- The mandate in the 2015 election was for the Mahagathbandhan (Grand Alliance). Today, the BJP, Nitish Kumar and those who voted for them in the assembly have insulted that mandate.
- Tejashwi questioned CM Nitish, “Yogi Adityanath and some BJP leaders have serious cases registered against them, will you ask all of them to resign?”
- “28 saal ki umar mein mai kya nahi jhel raha hoon? Pehle BJP ne Bihar ki boli lagayi thi, iss baar CM ki boli lagayi hai (I have had to bear a lot at this age. First BJP tried to sell Bihar, now the CM has been sold),” says Tejashwi.
- “Kaunsi vichaardhara, kaunsi naitikta…duniya janna chahti hai Nitish Kumar (People want to know what ideology or principles made Nitish Kumar do this), if the matter is about image, the whole nation is aware of Nitish’s base,” Tejashwi says.